in Mulranny, County Mayo, Ireland
Welcome to Breezemount B&B, Mulranny (also
Breezemount is situated in Mulranny village on the north shore of Clew Bay. Breezemount's location is perfect for touring, walking or cycling around West Mayo, Achill Island & North Mayo. Whether visiting Breezemount for a short stay or a longer holiday, you will enjoy the spectacular hills, golden blue flag beaches & wonderful coastline which surround Mulranny.
Through the window from our elevated site you can view the golden sand of the beach below, across the blue green waters of Clew Bay to the spectacular mountains of Croagh Patrick and Clare Island in the distance.
Breezemount B&B, a Traditional Irish Bed and Breakfast, was established in 1977 by Catherine & Jim Reilly. At Breezemount, your comfort is of the utmost importance and for 30 years we have made it our first priority. This, along with great traditional Irish Cooking, we hope will make your stay one you will remember for many years to come. On arrival you will receive a warm welcome, accompanied by a well deserved cup of tea or coffee.
Our accommodation consists of 5 bedrooms, 3 doubles, 1
twin (double & single bed) which are Ensuite and 1
Standard double room with shower.
Our lounge is south facing with panoramic views of Clew Bay, Croagh Patrick & Mulranny Golf Links. This is for our guests exclusive use to read, chat, relax or watch TV.
Our Dining Room is also south facing with similar views to our lounge, which you can savour while enjoying your home cooked breakfast.
- Mulranny boasts a wonderful nine hole Golf Links course. This course is located 300m from the front door of Breezemount. With its wonderful Championship greens and undulating fairways this course is truly a jewel in the Golfing West of Ireland.
- From Breezemount there are many wonderful walks
which one can enjoy. Just 500m from Breezmount is the
wonderful beach “Tra Bui” (Yellow Beach),
the perfect place to stroll in the evening and watch
the sun set behind Clare Island and Curraun Mountain.
Just 100m behind Breezemount begins the Nephin Beg
Mountain Range where there are hundreds of acres of
mountain to explore, for the experienced hill walker
or casual stroller.
Breezemount B&B is only 250m from the Great Western Greenway - recent winner of the European Destination of Excellence. The Greenway is Ireland’s longest off-road cycling and walking trail, which is easily accessed by private road from Breezemount. This 42km traffic-free route is ideal for a leisurely safe walk or an energetic cycle, giving you the opportunity to admire the breathtaking scenery around Clew Bay, from this elevated historic old Railway Line constructed around the 1800’s. Enjoy the spectacular views as you stroll, walk or cycle along the scenic route. Bicycle hire available locally, with drop-off and collection available for those who would like to cycle just one way.
- From Breezemount there are many wonderful walks which one can enjoy. Just 500m from Breezmount is the wonderful beach “Tra Bui” (Yellow Beach), the perfect place to stroll in the evening and watch the sun set behind Clare Island and Curraun Mountain. Just 100m behind Breezemount begins the Nephin Beg Mountain Range where there are hundreds of acres of mountain to explore, for the experienced hill walker or casual stroller.
- Mulranny has a wonderful Blue Flag Beach, which is very safe for swimming and is patrolled by Beach Guards during the Summer months. Just 500m from Breezemount is Tra Bui - this is also a beautiful long beach which is very safe for swimming, but is not patrolled by Beach Guards.
- At weekends and in holiday season the local Hotel and Pubs provide the best in local musicians. Irish nights are common and all are invited to take part in 'the craic'!
- There are 3 excellent Restaurants around Mulranny
which cater for every taste, with local fresh sea food
top of the menu. The local pubs also provide snacks
during the day. The local Mulranny Park Hotel has an
excellent Restaurant and also offers a comprehensive
- There are 3 excellent Restaurants around Mulranny which cater for every taste, with local fresh sea food top of the menu. The local pubs also provide snacks during the day. The local Mulranny Park Hotel has an excellent Restaurant and also offers a comprehensive Bar Menu.
Wild Atlantic Way
Breezemount B&B sits along the path of the Wild Atlantic Way - Ireland's newest, captivating, coastal driving route. The Wild Atlantic Way is the longest coastal touring route in the world and the Mayo section is fast establishing itself as a unique attraction in coastal villages such as Mulranny. Stay in Breezemount B&B and embark on your own special journey of discovery.
Located on the north shore of Clew Bay, Breezemount is
the ideal location for touring around Mayo. Here are some of
the most scenic:
- Mulranny, Rosturk, Furnace, Keenagh, Bellacorick, Musical Bridge, Bangor Erris, Mulranny.
- Mulranny, Curraun Peninsula (Atlantic Drive) Achill Island, Mulranny.
- Mulranny, Newport, Castlebar, Kiltimagh, Knock Shrine, Mulranny.
- Mulranny, Newport, Westport, Leenane, Louisburgh, Crogh Patrick, Mulranny.
- Mulranny, Ballycroy National Park, Bangor Erris, Glenamoy, Ceide Fields Heritage Centre (5000 year old settlement), Ballycastle, Ballina, Pontoon, Newport, Mulranny.
- Deep Sea Angling
- Locally boats can be hired for very reasonable daily rates. Your skipper will take you to the best fishing grounds where you can find 30 species of fish.
- Shore Angling
- There are many good local shore angling locations, local knowledge should be sought for the best and safest places to fish.
- Pony & Horse Riding
- Pony and horse riding stables are located 15km from Breezemount at very reasonable rates.
Within Easy Reach
- Knock International Airport 52 Miles (80km)
- Dublin Airport 173 Miles (278km)
- Shannon Airport 124 Miles (200km)
- Rosslare Ferry Terminal 258 Miles (415km)
- Dublin Ports 169 Miles (273km)
- Westport Train Station 18 Miles (28km)
Comprehensive directions can be found at http://www.aaireland.ie/routes (referred to as 'Mallaranny').
- Double / Twin room Ensuite - euro40 per person sharing
Catherine & Jim Reilly
Tel & Fax: +353 (0)98 36145